These are the pieces of text that you quote verbatim and enclose in quotation marks (with the proper citation, of course). They can be direct quotes that people have said, or they can be the actual text of a passage in a book, magazine article, etc. The more you have, not only will your article be longer, but your argument will also be stronger. In fact, some professors require that you have a minimum number of appointments for work for this very reason.
Basic Idea Essay Structure
Understanding essay structure is essential to creating high-quality work. Although you can follow a standard format, beginners may have a hard time getting started. If you’ve ever written pros and cons essays, you should know the importance of creating a structured piece. So let’s go over a basic structure that will help you in your task.
The introduction is an opinion article in which you address your audience directly and briefly mention the topic. It’s usually a good idea to mention a book, speech, or something similar in this opening section. Be sure to include the name of the author or speaker and the date of publication when you cite something.
Here is the list of things you can try:
- A classic trick is to change the face. The best option for this is Palatino Linotype. The characters are a bit longer vertically and it might be even better if you use this face.
- Another good way is to shorten the pages at the bottom. You can always blame the automatic formatting of Microsoft Word 🙂
- Use as few slices as possible. Write numbers and do not use abbreviations. Every little gesture counts! Add quotes and images as much as possible, but only when appropriate, do not abuse this opportunity.
- Use footnotes, which would not only expand the line they are on, but add a descriptive line to the bottom of the page.
- If the last sentence of the paragraph ends near the edge of the paper, add a word or two to extend it to the next line. Just think of the adjectives you can use to describe a noun.
- Click Format > Font, scroll to Character Spacing. This will make the space between the letters a bit larger and more inconspicuous.
- Enlarge times. Click Ctrl + F, press the Replace tab, in the first box put a beat and in the second box put another beat. After that, tap More > Format > Font and make the size 14 or something bigger than the normal 12, but not too big. You can repeat it with any symbol you want.
- When writing your article (for example, double-spaced paper), just underline everything, switch to the spacing function in paragraph settings and instead of double-spaced, write “c or at least” 29 pts. Adds a small fraction of space between each expansion line in your document. The master will never know.
- Make your essay title bold and emphatic. If your headline is long, cut it in half so it spans 2 lines instead of one.
How to increase the length of an article using the format
The format or design of an article is more than a guide for writing an academic essay. When researching sections that may take the longest, consider reviewing the structure of your writing.
Looking at your work will help you identify crucial points that you may have missed. You can also deal with problems that you have not developed sufficiently and adequately. Thus, you can identify concepts that you want to go back and clarify further.
Use expert expressions
If you are looking for words to lengthen your article, make good use of quotation marks.