A thesis is an academic document, so its content is more detailed. However, a magazine article is shorter and highlights key points in a more detailed format. Editing a thesis into a journal article is a long and complicated process that takes you away from other important work. In that case, Elsevier’s language editing services can help you focus on important topics and deliver high-quality text for submission in a short time.
If you are considering turning a thesis into a journal article, with or without professional help, here is a list of some of the steps you should take:
Thesis vs dissertation: meaning
A thesis is a critically written academic investigation. It is usually applied by students graduating from a master’s program. The purpose of a thesis is for students to demonstrate their knowledge and expertise in the area they have studied in the program.
A thesis is a slightly longer scientific article that describes your research work during the doctoral program. A researcher obtains a doctorate after presenting and defending her thesis. It includes all information about original research or in-depth research on a new or existing topic carried out by the doctoral student.
Alternatively, a research paper could be defined as original research and without plagiarism. The word “investigation” refers to the repetition of the study (study). The iterative search in various forms to determine the main question of the thesis is called “investigation”. A research paper usually, if not always, includes the main question of the thesis. In general, there are two types of research papers, one qualitative and the other quantitative.
- A thesis is about a single academic statement and can sometimes be a summary. The existence of a thesis opens avenues of investigation on an infinity of speculative possibilities such as antitheses.
- If the thesis question opens the frontiers of these different possibilities, the main axis of the study remains unchanged.
- A research paper includes both hypothetical variables (most of which are omitted) and equations that focus on the main question of the thesis or the main objective of the research to be confirmed.
- In its purest form, the question that a thesis hopes to answer has a form of validity in which the result qualifies the possible means. Writing an article involves defining the central thesis and is a process of methodically presenting that claim.
Main Covered Areas
1. What is a Thesis – Definition, Characteristics2. What is a research paper? – Definition, Characteristics3. Difference Between Thesis and Research Paper – Comparison of Key Differences
Thesis, Research Paper
You can also download our full thesis template in the format you you have chosen below. Our template includes a ready-to-use table of contents, along with instructions on the content of each chapter. It’s easy to do yourself and will help you get started.
Download Word template Download Google Docs template