La Escuela de Terapia Ocupacional de la Universidad Bernardo O’Higgins, participation in the XXVI Congreso Nacional de Geriatría e Gerontología with the lema “Envejecer in Chile: Cambiosglobals and local challenges”.
This is an instance to participate in the academic life Diego Silva Jiménez and the egresada de la casa de estudios Camila Garcia San Martin. The team was accepted in virtual poster modality from which they presented “Factors involved in the social participation of adult mayors in the center of personas mayor” product of the thesis work carried out.
Thesis vs. Dissertation: Differences
- The main difference between a dissertation and a dissertation is when they are completed. As already mentioned, a thesis is submitted at the end of a master’s program, but, as a thesis, it is submitted to pursue a doctorate.
- A thesis is a collection of research that ensures that the researcher is knowledgeable and knowledgeable about the research topic learned in the degree program. On the other hand, a dissertation offers the researcher an opportunity to add new theories and information to the existing literature in the field of research.
- A thesis is a presentation of learned and existing information, and the purpose of the thesis is to develop a unique concept and defend it on the basis of theoretical and practical findings.
- A diploma thesis is approximately 100 pages. However, a doctoral dissertation must be much longer than a dissertation and must include background information and research. A thesis should include your research proposal, grant proposal, literature review, idea of the research topic, and all other minute details of your research. Ideally, a thesis including all the details mentioned above should be three times longer than the length of a master’s thesis.
- The thesis and the dissertation are both considered as a final project and must be graduated from their respective programs.
- Your thesis and dissertation require a deep and precise understanding of the research problem.
- Both types of academic writing should address specific research questions.
- Academic writing skills are as essential for a thesis as for the dissertation.
- Ethical practices should be followed when coordinating and documenting research data.
- Plagiarism is not accepted either.
- Both require analytical skills to back up the results.
- The thesis and dissertation require rigorous editing and critical proofreading before submission.
What is the difference between a master with and without thesis?
A thesis is a common requirement in many research-intensive fields, but not all master’s programs will require you to complete one. Additionally, some fields allow you to choose between a thesis track and a non-thesis track. In the case of a non-thesis program, you will not have to write a long article, but you will have to take several courses to meet your degree requirements.
Whether you choose a program with or without thesis, you will still be required to complete a final project to demonstrate your critical thinking skills. If you prefer a non-thesis program, your project could be a capstone project or field experience.