June tends to be the month when many higher education institutions release student results and hope that you have done well in your studies. However, it is not uncommon to fail a dissertation or thesis. After all, for most degrees, you’re assessed through a series of short project reports, presentations, case study discussions, and tests that describe relatively small credits that approximate your overall grade, but when you When it comes to his thesis, he is often left to work alone. , for a long time, using a process that is relatively new to you and that accounts for a large portion of the credits you need to complete your program.
Many students fail a module at some point in their studies and still manage to complete it. If you receive the bad news that you have “failed” your thesis, this should not prevent you from continuing your studies, completing your program and obtaining a certificate. You should stop and ask yourself, what can I do now?
6- Your thesis will contribute to a national or international research project
This is a slight variation of point 4. Your thesis advisor is involved in one or more research projects and will use some of the content of your thesis as part of an expected deliverable. Usually (but not necessarily) you are aware of this and have already had a discussion with your supervisor.
- You: Ignore. However, the actions in point 3 can help.
- Your supervisor: All to point 4 and find the correct way to integrate part of your work into the research project.
- Your external supervisor: does nothing.
- The university: it will do nothing.
Give yourself time
It’s good to be an assiduous researcher, but after all, you have to know your limits and treat yourself well. You may have limited time and a lot of pressure to complete your thesis depending on your scholarship or graduation plan. But health comes first. Don’t force yourself to run to the finish line when you know you’re going to pass out. It’s not worth it in the end.
If you can’t solve a problem, put it aside for a while and spend time enjoying something else. Working without motivation will get you nowhere.
Motivations are everywhere, but they’re hard to see when we’re confused. Visiting your friends’ thesis colloquia can fill your motivation tank. It will help you realize that you want to be there too, proudly speaking about what you found in your dissertation research. If they can do it, why can’t you?
I failed my thesis, what could have caused that?
First of all, many would rather bury their faces in the sand than admit they failed. For those brave enough to show it, the recovery process is quick and they will soon be walking tall. But what are the possible reasons for the failure of a thesis?
- Inadequate help from your supervisor may be one of the reasons. Most professionals are too busy and finding time for their students becomes a nightmare. As a result, the student does not have the necessary support, especially for a technical course.
- There may be another reason for the student himself: lack of time for his university studies. Most college and university students are busy with other activities like work or family. These can reduce the time you have to search, and therefore the failure.
- Plagiarism kills many theses. Once it’s proven beyond a doubt that you took someone else’s job for yourself, fate would be inevitable. At most universities, this is the first thing they look at when you submit your work.
- Others include missed lectures, student laziness, or inability to access relevant reading sources while researching. All these and many more are possible reasons for an undergraduate thesis to fail.