If you’re not sure how to get from topic to thesis statement, follow this simple process, but make sure you know what type of essay you’re supposed to write, and adjust the steps based on the type of essay. need.
First, you must choose a theme. This has probably already been done for you if you are writing an essay for a course. If not, make sure you don’t start too broadly: narrow the topic down to a specific topic that you can cover in an essay.
Investigate your problem first
There can be no positive problem statement without first being supported by research.
Of course, as you investigate, the specific focus of your thesis may change, or you may discover new information that changes your angle of attack. As you collect information, think about how your problem statement will change and whether you still want to continue using it. It is almost always better to tailor your problem statement to your thesis, rather than trying to build your case on subpar supporting research.
Thesis Narrative Examples
- An analysis of Christopher Nolan films shows a particular emphasis on narrative structure and how narrative can be manipulated to address a common event. on climate
- When viewed in light of postwar motivations, the Marshall Plan can be seen as a bottomless bag for Cold War spies and agents provocateurs.
- An evaluation of the epidemiology of the Zika virus shows that its true origin remains a mystery.
- Evidence shows that a disproportionate number of viewers are women, indicating that the film’s so-called universal appeal may not be as fair as some experts have suggested.
- The rules of the game have changed so much over time that today’s soccer is not much like the game played in the early 1900s.
- Being a nurse The professional it requires clinical knowledge, emotional intelligence, and a penchant for evidence-based practice.
- Jane Austen’s novels are best understood by looking at them through the lens of the various literary devices that were popular at the time of her writing.
- Throughout the 20th century and into the 21st century, warfare in the Middle East was characterized by the desire to control territory, resources, and ideological objectives.
- When Evelyn Waugh said that satire is dead, she was referring to the uncertainty and callousness of the new age: in fact, that did not mean that the literary tool of satire was not dead, but that the al soul of the modern world no longer cared if they laughed or not.
- In the 21st century, the global economy has included bubbles, central bank interventions, and a large amount of fiat money pouring into bond markets.
Be brief and precise
A strong thesis is brief and precise. Avoid using more words than necessary. You should try to summarize the entire document in a few sentences.
Your thesis statement should not be a fact that everyone already knows. A good thesis statement is a claim that needs to be backed up with more data or research. Your thesis statement, especially in an argumentative essay, should be something others can question or disagree with.
THESIS STATEMENT DEFINED
A thesis statement is a one-sentence statement of purpose: a summary of the main idea that explains your essay in detail. An effective thesis statement will make a unique claim or attempt to answer an important question.