If you are looking for the highest paying teaching jobs in your area of interest or expertise, you may consider working as a professor at a college or university. A college professor prepares course materials, teaches students in a classroom environment, and grades student work. In some colleges or universities, a professor may also undertake research and laboratory work that leads to new discoveries or updated data in a field of study. Professors may also publish their work in journals or professional books. A teacher needs at least a master’s degree to qualify for a teaching position; However, many schools may require faculty to obtain a doctorate before qualifying for a full-time position.
The average salary of a college or university professor is approximately $78,470 per year. Note that median earnings vary by state and location. If you are not working as a full-time teacher, you may have a lower income level. You can also expect your income to change over time. Teacher salaries range from $39,700 to $175,000 per year. Law professors tend to earn more than professors in other fields or industries.
# special educator
How much are they paid?
- Source: ZipRecruiter
- Low range: $18,500 per year
- High range: $117,500 per year
The Future of Education Technology® conference will be held live and in person January 23-26, 2023 in New Orleans.
Join us now!
In a survey in February, teachers said that higher salaries could help them cope with the increased stress they faced during the pandemic. More than 55% of teachers said that COVID exams could force them out of the profession sooner than expected.
Top 11 countries with the highest salaries for teachers 2022
1. Switzerland: The Swiss education system is controlled by cantonal governments and not by the central government. Most students start primary school at the age of six and the average student attends school for twelve years. The country has a good education quality rating, especially in advanced mathematics. The average Swiss teacher earns around $69,000 per year after 15 years of experience.
Teaching in Saudi Arabia to Teach Away
Teaching English in Saudi Arabia is another great way to be more balanced. Teach Away is looking for qualified ESL tutors and teachers at all levels for institutions in Riyadh and Jeddah. Earn $3,400 to $4,000 every month. Benefits include housing, medical insurance, and round-trip airfare for the teacher, spouse, and up to two dependents.
- Benefits: housing, insurance, airfare for you and your dependents
- Salary range: $4,000+ per month